Saturday, October 1, 2016

Cinderella Pumpkin: The Story of a Romantic Halloween

This Halloween if you want a scary ghost
To chase you through your haunted house,
I’d rather meet Prince Charming at midnight
And have a ball gown made by a tiny mouse
That turns into a white horse with magic
And love and romance and every good thing.
I’ll take a ticket for the grand royal ball
Where my prince will give me a diamond ring.
So, if you pick a pumpkin on All Hallow’s Eve,
Please find the kind that becomes a golden carriage.
Because of my fairy godmother and her wand,
I’ll dress as a princess for my upcoming marriage.
A Cinderella Pumpkin is the only pumpkin for me!
At first it might look orange and simply round,
But soon it will be larger than life on wheels,
And I’ll be in love with my prince and crowned.
Instead of carving the pumpkin empty,
And placing a candle inside to the light way,
I will hold the candle close to my heart
And celebrate Halloween with a wedding day!

Copyright 2016 Jennifer Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment