Saturday, February 27, 2016

Telephone Game: The Life of Alexander Graham Bell

Hello, hello, can you hear me? 

My name is Dr. Graham Bell. 

Alexander is my first name. 

Now I have a few things to tell.

I’m not calling with some cups

And a telephone made of string.

Electricity is the future.

Did you hear the phone ring?

I’m a scientist from Scotland.

I’m a teacher of the deaf.

I send sound through wires. 

Can you hear the bass clef?

My invention has a patent,

And I am the sole inventor.

I love the human voice.

The voice is front and center.

I talked across twenty feet,

And then across the nation, 

And then across the Atlantic.

Please don’t change the station!

From Washington, D.C. to Honolulu,

My voice went across the Pacific.

At first everyone thought I was crazy, 

But the telephone is terrific! 

So, get yourself a telephone today.

You don’t even need to shout. 

Talk to your friends and family now.

They can hear you without a doubt!

 

Copyright 2016 Jennifer Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment