Tuesday, July 4, 2023

"Two Kinds of People" in KISSES

Milton sings “Two Kinds of People” to the boys at the Hershey Industrial School For Boys. 

VERSE:                       

Givers and takers. 

Menders and breakers.

I’d rather be a giver. 

I’d rather be a river, 

Of good tidings and cheer, 

Not anger and fear. 

 

CHORUS:       

If one person, doesn’t help you out. 

Someone else will help, without a doubt. 

There are two kinds of people in this world. 

 

VERSE:                       

Lovers and haters. 

True friends and traitors. 

I’d rather be a lover. 

I’d rather rediscover 

All the joy I can find 

With real peace of mind.

 

CHORUS:                   

If one person, doesn’t understand. 

Time will teach them well; soon they learn firsthand. 

There are two kinds of people in this world.

 

BRIDGE:                    

Do unto others

As you would have them

Do unto you. 

Since I was a boy, 

I always knew

The Golden Rule is true.

 

VERSE:                       

Boasters and preachers.

Then, there are teachers. 

I’d rather be a mentor. 

I’d rather be a presenter

Of results that make good.

Oh, like each man should! 

 

CHORUS:                   

If one person, doesn’t stand up straight. 

Be the one who does, and do not debate. 

There are two kinds of people in this world. 

 

TAG:                           

There are two kinds, two kinds, two kinds,

Two kinds of people in this world.

 

Copyright 2018 Jennifer Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment