VERSE:
I could keep in time,
With the ticking on a watch,
Or rearrange my life,
By the minutes on a clock.
I could set my pace,
By the cadence of the waves,
Or try to stay in stride,
With the drum the day.
CHORUS:
The beating of your heart,
Is the rhythm I need.
The beating of your heart,
Gives me strength when I’m weak.
Until the day I die,
My pulse will coincide,
With the beating of your heart.
VERSE:
Let me rest my head,
Gently on your chest,
And listen to its echo,
Beneath your every breath.
My heart will follow yours.
Your pulse is always sure.
Your tempo takes me places,
I’ve never been before.
CHORUS:
The beating of your heart,
Is the rhythm I need.
The beating of your heart,
Gives me strength when I’m weak.
Until the day I die,
My pulse will coincide,
With the beating of your heart.
BRIDGE:
Soon our hearts will beat together,
Like two instruments in tune.
Every note led me closer,
Every moment led to you.
CHORUS:
The beating of your heart,
Is the rhythm I need.
The beating of your heart,
Gives me strength when I’m weak.
Until the day I die,
My pulse will coincide,
With the beating of your heart.
TAG:
Until the day I die,
My pulse will coincide,
With the beating of your heart.
Copyright 2026 Jennifer Waters
No comments:
Post a Comment