Monday, September 19, 2022

"Kisses" in KISSES

Milton Hershey sings "Kisses" to Kitty Hershey, his wife. 


VERSE:

Some people make curses. 

Some people make wars.

I can’t change all hardship. 

I can’t fix the scores

Of problems today, 

But I can make kisses.

 

CHORUS:

Kisses for sisters. 

Kisses for mothers. 

Kisses for fathers.

Kisses for brothers.

But most of all, my love, 

I can make kisses for you. 

 

VERSE:           

Most people know trouble. 

Most people know pain.

I can help the heartache

With a sweet refrain

And mend broken hearts,

‘Cause I can make kisses. 

 

CHORUS:

Kisses for aunties. 

Kisses for cousins. 

Kisses for uncles.

Kisses for dozens. 

But most of all, my love, 

I can make kisses for you. 

 

BRIDGE:

One kiss at a time,

Such a simple thing.

A whistle and a chime

Makes me feel like spring.

 

CHORUS:

Kisses for sons. 

Kisses for grandmas. 

Kisses for daughters.

Kisses for grandpas. 

But most of all, my love, 

I can make kisses for you. 

 

TAG:

Oh, most of all, my love, 

I can make kisses for you.

 

Copyright 2018 Jennifer Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment